The original castle is considered to be one of the oldest Slovenian castles. The castle was mentioned for the first time in 1248 as a property of Raka village nobility. It was plundered and burnt down during the peasant rebellion in 1515 and restored in the 17th century, when it became a home for the feeble sisters of mercy. Raka castle is a well preserved one-storied quadrangular building with courtyard arcades.

Contact

Tourist Information Centre Krško
Cesta krških žrtev 46, 8270 Krško
+386 (0)7 490 22 20
tic.krsko@cptkrsko.si